Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Lord will save me

I remember seeing this skit at bible camp one year. Isn't it funny how things stick with you? Or course now I see even more meaning in it's story.

A man is caught in a flood, and as the water rises he climbs to the roof of his house and waits to be rescued.

A guy in a motorboat comes by, and he says, 'Hop in, I'll save you.'



'No, thanks,' the man on the rooftop says. 'My Lord will save me.'


But the floodwaters keep rising. A few minutes later, a rescue plane flies overhead and the pilot drops a line.


'No, thanks,' the man on the rooftop says. 'My Lord will save me.'


But the floodwaters rise ever higher, and finally, they overflow the roof and the man drowns.


When he gets to heaven, he confronts God.


'My Lord, why didn't you save me?' he implores.


'You fool,' God says. 'I sent you a boat... I sent you a plane.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

counter

Website counter