Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Heart of a Virtuous Woman - Mornings

Proverbs 31:10-15 KJV

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life. She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar. She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

I love this passage and the verses to follow. Becoming a virtuous woman is my heart's desire though the Lord has plenty of work to do in me!

Lately I've been trying to conquer my normal attitude of laziness and procrastination. This morning I wrote a list of things to do, and so far have only accomplished one. I'm too tired to get off the couch and get moving!

I read another blog this morning ~ Like a Warm Cup of Coffee ~ and Sara-Mae mentioned that she got up at 4:30 am in order to wake up before the kids and get things done. And that got me thinking because she is not the only person I've heard of to get up that early!

It's a struggle every morning for me to get up and get my husband ready for work. I always get up the latest I can- hitting snooze as much as possible.

This morning my husband asked me a few times why I was so grumpy - I don't want to send him off to work like that - I'd love to be the bubbly, energetic wife who gives him a cheery send off in the mornings.

The problem is that it takes me awhile to wake up! This morning I've had two cups of coffee and still feel fuzzy.

I'd love to hear from some "morning" people. What time do you wake up, go to bed, and how do you get going?!

It would be nice to train myself before I have kids so that I'm not grumpy with them too.

Ok time to do the next task on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

counter

Website counter