I had a butternut squash at home to use up, and I worked a late shift that day so I wanted to put it in my crock pot. Here's what I did:
- Peeled and cubed Squash, placed in crock pot
- Covered chicken broth & water (until 1 inch over squash)
- Added 1 large can of whole tomatoes with juice
- Sprinkled in thyme leaves (about 1-2 tsp)
- Set on low and let cook for 8 hours
When I served the soup, I put a dollop of sour cream in the middle of the soup. For my husband I made garlic bread - crispy, cut it up like croutons and placed on soup. For myself I just squished up a few crackers.
It is super good! I was pleasantly surprised! I'm sure that you can make this easier somehow but it worked ok for me.