Thursday, September 23, 2010

Priorities

I feel like God is teaching me a lot about priorities right now, from the small decisions to large!

A major decision we are facing is finding a new place to rent. On one side of the decision we would be near to church, close enough for me to take the bus to work and near to our church family (also near to family family too!). On the other side, we would be nearer to my husband's work, close to friends that we've known for years from living in that area & in a part of town that feels more open & 'country-like' to us. I am from a small town, so this 'big city' feeling I get living where we do now is not that fun for me.

Luckily I have some pretty awesome church family members that gave me great advice. I was reminded about how when we first started attending this church, how we said "now we feel like we are at home in this town". Where as before, I did not want to live here at all.
And then God reminded me that I need to get my priorities straight here!!! I truly believe that the decision to move farther away could mean that we stop going to church all together and start hanging out with only our non-christian friends. We've been there! Don't want to go back!

God should be the centre of our priorities!

This has me thinking… in what other areas of my life am I not making God the obvious priority? Are your priorities based on your selfish desires or based on God and His will for your life? Read the verses below, Paul speaks about how his own priorities have changed as he took up the cross! Does your heart desire "the fellowship of sharing His sufferings?".


7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Philippians 3:7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

counter

Website counter