Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Faith

Have you seen the movie "Facing the Giants"? I borrowed it this Sunday from our church library and my husband and I watched it last night. It was a great movie with a great message! And dare I say it made us both shed a tear!

There are lots of great lessons in the movie, but this particular quote has stood out for me:
Mr. Bridges: I heard of a story of two farmers praying to God for rain to come. Both prayed but only one prepared the land. Who do you think trusted God more to send the rain?

How often do we pray to God for something but then don't follow through in our own actions? Who do you think had more faith in the above story? The man who prayed and sat at home waiting for the rain, or the man who prayed and prepared his fields for rain?

"I am the Lord, the God of every person on the earth. Nothing is impossible for me."Jeremiah 32:27
I read this verse today, on a blog I am subscribed to. Check out the full post on Pathway to Purpose

Look at your own heart, when you pray for something.. are you truly believing God can answer? And are you living like your prayer will come true? Are we living for God or for ourselves? This movie showed how much more enjoyable our lives can be when we live to glorify God and not ourselves. I suggest watching it!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you came by to visit today again and that my post touched you in some way. I need to watch "Facing the Giants"-I have wanted to rent it and just haven't yet. I must do that.
    It is so hard some days to believe that God really cares enough that He hears our every prayer, our every concern, worry, need, want, whatever it may be and that He loves us enough to bless us with an answer to every one of them-sometimes not the answer we hope for or wanted but still an answer and always better than what we can ask for or imagine.
    Thanks for following me and for your sweet comments-I enjoy following your blog too-have a blessed day.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

counter

Website counter