Saturday, April 3, 2010

What were you doing when Jesus died?


Yesterday was a great day! My husband and I went hiking with friends, we got our grocery shopping done, we had a romantic evening together. It was a nice day!

Then I was lying in bed, about to go to sleep, and this thought came to mind:

Jesus died today.

Not once did I think about this during the day. Not once did I pray, read my bible, give thanks to the Lord. Christ died for me on this day, and I didn't even stop to think about Him or thank Him.

Jesus you are my friend. I am so thankful for what you did. You are the best friend in the world. I don't deserve you as my friend, and yet you are still there. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I wish that I could be there for you, as you are there for me. I hope we'll be friends forever and I can't wait to actually meet you!

How do you celebrate Good Friday? Why don't we put as much importance around this day, or Easter Monday as we do Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

counter

Website counter