Sunday, March 21, 2010

God's Glory


I was inspired today by something that was preached in my church. We take God for granted and do not give Him the praise that He deserves.
Think of a time when you saw something really beautiful. Maybe fireworks, a view from a mountain, a beautiful sunset, a newborn baby. Try to remember the feeling you had when you saw that beautiful creation. For me, I get butterflies in my stomach and sometimes tears.
Everything on this earth is a hint of God's glory. A 'shadow' as it was put. If we fall in love, and worship the 'shadows' only, we are ignoring what is truly beautiful and magnificent. We don't give God the praise that He deserves.
So imagine that feeling you get when you see something beautiful. Now multiply it by a hundred, maybe a thousand, maybe a million... and that might be what it is like to see God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

counter

Website counter